Keep Local Farms
Inspired by the global “Fair Trade” model for coffee, banana and chocolate farmers, Keep Local Farms is a marketing program that guarantees farmers a predictable price that, at a minimum, covers the cost of producing milk.
Keep Local Farms empowers concerned citizens with two ways of providing direct financial support to dairy farmers:
- Contribute to a fund online — http://www.keeplocalfarms.org.
- Purchase products and support businesses displaying the Keep Local Farms logo.
Milk sold in support of Keep Local Farms costs consumers slightly more than conventional milk, and this additional cost goes directly to member farmers, less conservative administrative expenses.
By participating in Keep Local Farms:
- Consumers get fresh local dairy products and an increased connection with the farmers who keep our land open, our economy moving and our community thriving.
- Retailers and producers receive in-store branding support and an opportunity to sell more dairy products.
- Member farmers benefit by directly receiving more money for the milk they produce.
To learn more about what you can do to protect local farms, visit the Keep Local Farms website.